High School Articulation
Title 5 of the California Educational Code is very clear about the faculty role in curriculum development at the community college level. It is the community college faculty members who determine and authorize the appropriate curriculum and articulation.
In order to determine if your courses are appropriate for articulation with a Las Positas College course you will need to work collaboratively with Las Positas College faculty.
Once courses have been identified, the appropriate faculty/teachers will need to meet to compare course outlines, competencies, end of course assessment(s), and any other vital information to determine if an agreement is possible.
Articulation is on a course by course basis - Current Articulation Agreements. Agreements are valid for three academic years from the endorsement date of Las Positas College faculty/administration.
New Agreements - All new agreements must be to Las Positas College by the end of March of each academic year to be considered for the following academic year.
Renewal Agreements - All renewal agreements are treated as new agreements and must be to Las Positas College by the end of March of each academic year to be considered for the following academic year.
Following is a two-step process to articulate your course with Las Positas College:
Step 1 - Pre Agreement Process
- Consult with your Adult School/High School/ROP colleagues to determine the following:
- Is your course comparable to the Las Positas course?
- Are there valid reasons to pursue articulation for this particular course?
- Is your course outline detailed and current with the Las Positas course?
- Is there a teacher available who has the time and desire to work through the collegial consultation and approval process?
- Identify similar courses using LPC resources including:
- If course outline is not available, email LPC HS Articulation.
- Contact LPC Faculty to discuss potential course articulations for the next academic year. Prior to contacting LPC faculty, be prepared to submit course outline and final exam for review and/or discussion.
- Upon agreement with LPC faculty for potential articulation, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 - Agreement
- Complete Adult School - High School - ROP Course Articulation Agreement form.
- Print form.
- Include as cover with all required documentation.
- Obtain signatures.
- Scan and email to LPC HS Articulation for college faculty/administration endorsement.
Step 3 - Agreement Approved
For additional information or assistance, please contact:
Project Manager, Career Technical Education
Email: LPC HS Articulation
Note: When all college level approvals are completed, a copy will be scanned and emailed to the instructors of record and the course will be added to the inventory located on this web site.