- Financial Aid Home
- 2020-2021 Pell Grant Chart
- AB 19 Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Cares Act Emergency Grants
- Cost of Attendance
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Fee Waiver
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Types of Financial Aid (PDF)
- Verify My Application
- LPC Veterans First Program
What is Federal Work-Study?
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a form of financial aid provided to students who demonstrate financial need. The program is designed to provide part-time employment for students who have established eligibility. FWS is employment financed with federal funds. Students receive a monthly paycheck for hours worked (the hourly rate currently ranges from $14.00 to $15.00/hour).
- The total a student may earn depends on the student’s unmet financial need and the amount of the FWS award the student is offered, which is determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- FWS jobs on-campus allow students to work in-between their classes, and offer excellent opportunities for work experiences, sometimes in the student’s academic field.
- There are also positions designed to assist students in providing service to the community which may be located off campus. To find out about FWS positions available, contact the financial aid office or review our list of currently open positions (See link above).
- Positions are filled on a first-come-first served basis, and usually require an interview to be hired.
- Students should be prepared to submit a resume or list of work experience and available hours when applying. Federal Work-study positions are considered as part of the student’s financial aid award.
Steps to apply for Federal Work-Study?
- Complete your *FAFSA application early (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa)
*Choose “yes” when asked on your FAFSA application if you are interested in Federal Work-Study
- Find a job at (http://www.laspositascollege.edu/financialaid/fws.php)
- Contact the hiring supervisor, be sure to have a prepared resume, and available hours for the term
Student Assistant Positions
These on-campus positions are funded by individual departments of the college. No Financial Aid application is required. Areas of campus which typically hire are the Bookstore (Bldg. 1300), Learning Resource Center (Bldg. 2100), Disabled Student Services (Bldg. 1600), Tutorial Center (Bldg. 1000) and Physical Education Department (Bldg. 2200).
Financial Aid Office
Front Window Room 1650:
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 1pm
Closed Friday in summer
Summer Hours 2021:
(June 1, 2021 through Thursday, July 30, 2021)
Cranium Café Services
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 6pm
Closed Friday in summer
Cranium Café - Online video chat
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff