How We Work
Days & Hours of Operation
- Operating hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. On Fridays, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The program times begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m.
- Tuition covers a 8.5 hour day. Beyond 8.5 hours per day is $ 200 per month.
- If families wish to pick up early, pick up is by 12:00 p.m. BEFORE rest time OR 2:30 p.m. AFTER rest time.
- Early care is offered for those needing the service from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. and Afternoon Care from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Children are picked up before 5:30 p.m. and must be leaving the center at 5:30 p.m., unless they have an early departure schedule per contract.
Since we do not offer drop-in care, it is important for children to arrive and depart on time.
Your child's success in transitions is affected by a family's consistency in schedule.
Parents are encouraged to discuss individual scheduling difficulties with your child's ECD Specialist or the ECD Program Director.
All curricular areas are included in the daily/weekly plan---arts and creative expression, music and movement, nature and science, physical and outdoor activities, language and literature.
A healthy morning breakfast and afternoon snack is served in all classroom sessions. Each classroom will post a copy of its Daily Schedule and Snack Schedule for parents and visitors to review.
Each class session includes child-selected play time where children structure their own activity as well as teacher-facilitated times such as large and small groups.
The Classroom Calendar is posted each month. It lists special events, share days and school holidays. Our Child Development Center program follows the College calendar.
The current college schedule of classes determines the opening, closing, and holidays for each semester for the LPC Child Development Center.
Due to the evolving concern with the COVID-19 virus the Child Development Center will close from Monday, March 16, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020.
For more information please contact:
Fax: (925) 373-6912
License # 013420889
Located in Building 2300 at the northwest edge between the P.E. Complex and Science Buildings.