Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- AA Administrative Assistant
- AA Computer Information Systems
- AS Computer Information Technologist
- Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Computer Applications Software Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Web Development Certificate
- Administrative Medical Assistant Certificate
- Job Market
- Transfer Opportunities
- Computer Studies
- Career Education
- Gainful Employment
The Job Market
Computer Information Systems specialists typically have 4-year degrees in computer science, business or other disciplines. Many students at Las Positas College already have their degrees and are taking classes to enhance their skills.
Students with CIS training are qualified for direct job entry in a variety of job titles, such as Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Information Technologist, Information Systems Professional, or Information Technology Professional.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 1, computer IT professionals in the Bay Area earn approximately $32.21 per hour.
General job boards
Software companies where you can start your career
Consulting companies where you can start your career
Project Management skills are important for people who wish to manage large, complex deployments.