COMPUTER STUDIES PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Programs in the Computer Studies cluster (Computer Information Systems, Computer Networking Technology, and Computer Sciences) deliver courses that provide educational opportunities and support for students to:
- Gain new skills and further develop existing skills needed to effectively use computer technology in workplace and academic environments.
- Gain new skills and further develop existing skills needed for a broad range of career fields that require effective use of computer applications, networks, databases, web development skills, or programming skills.
- Transfer to four-year institutions to pursue students' chosen educational and career goals.
DEGREES & CERTIFICATION OFFERED:
The three disciplines in the Computer Studies cluster offer a variety of degrees, certificates of achievement, and career certificates that provide students with a pattern of coursework linked to specific careers and/or pathways to four-year institutions.
Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- AS: Computer Information Technologist
- AA: Computer Information Systems
Certificate of Achievement:
- Computer Applications Software (Microcomputers)
- Web Development
- Project Management
Computer Networking Technology (CNT)
- AS: Network Security and Administration
Certificate of Achievements:
- Cisco Network Associate
- Cisco Network Professional
- Computer Desktop OS Security
- Computer Forensics Examiner
- Computer Network Administration (Microsoft)
- Computer Network Technician
- Emerging Technologies
- Network and Wireless Security
- TCP/IP Network Analysis
Computer Science (CS)
- AS: Computer Science
- AS: Computer Programming
- AS: Computer Programming for the Web
- Computer Programming
- Computer Programming for the Web