The engineering career field is at once challenging, rewarding, and dynamic. As a profession, Engineering changes constantly, and impacts virtually every aspect of our lives. Opportunities for students in this career field are endless. Engineering disciplines, or branches, include Aeronautical, Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Optical, Computer, and Chemical Engineering. These engineering branches are represented at many four-year universities within California. The Las Positas College Career Center, Transfer Center or your counselor can provide you additional information.
Las Positas College offers an Engineering Transfer Pathway which prepares students to transfer into an Engineering major at a four-year institution. The Engineering Transfer Pathway includes the required lower division courses similar to, if not identical to, the courses offered at four year institutions.
Students who successfully complete the AS - Engineering Technology will be able to:
- Upon completion of the AS in Engineering Technology, the student will be able to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Upon completion of the AS in Engineering Technology, the student will be able to conduct, analyze, and interpret standard tests, measurements, and experiments; and apply experimental result to improve processes.
- Upon completion of the AS in Engineering Technology, the student will be able to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- Upon completion of the AS in Engineering Technology, the student will be able to select and apply knowledge of math, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures.
- Upon completion of the AS in Engineering Technology, the student will be able to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.
For more information please contact:
For more information about the learning community and program services, please contact:
LPC Program Coordinator - STEM
Alejandra Quezada Sermeno
ETLC Student Assistant