Las Positas College Guided Pathways
Las Positas College Guided Pathways Mission Statement
The heart of Guided Pathways at Las Positas College is our diverse student body. The Mission of Guided Pathways is to ensure equity and enhance the college experience and career preparation for all our students. Through our efforts and the guidance of student success teams, we commit to provide opportunities for students to discover, clarify, and enter their pathway, and to persist and succeed in achieving their academic and career goals.
What is Guided Pathways?
Guided Pathways is a new approach of streamlining community colleges so that we can increase student success. In contrast to the previous “cafeteria model” community colleges have used, where students have tons of possibilities but little guidance in navigating these options, Guided Pathways provides students with direction inclusive of clear program maps with specific course sequences, progress milestones, and program learning outcomes. In addition, students receive comprehensive support from enrollment to graduation, to ensure they clarify a path for themselves, enter and stay on that path, and succeed in learning.
Guided Pathways Responsibilities
The Guided Pathways responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the development of the annual Guided Pathways Work Plan and budget
- Monitoring progress of the Guided Pathways Work Plan including coordinating the annual assessment of key elements
- Developing, initiating, participating in, and evaluating activities that relate to Guided Pathways
- Creating, leading, monitoring, and advising work groups • Leading the conversation about Guided Pathways with constituent groups throughout the College; as appropriate, coordinate with Guided Pathways efforts across the District
- Identifying and advising areas of campus work including technology that need focused attention related to Guided Pathways
- Working with the Professional Development Committee to recommend professional development opportunities
- Regularly providing information on Guided Pathways to the College Council, Institutional Planning and Effectiveness Committee, Student Success Committee, Academic, and Classified Senates, Student Government, Administrative Staff and other relevant committees/groups.
- Reviewing, documenting, and reporting on accreditation standards linked to the committee’s charge.
Guided Pathways Norms
Las Positas Guided Pathways has the folliwng norms for all of our work together, including Steering Committee and workgroup meetings:
- Start and end on time
- Be present
- Have a clear agenda
- Allow for flexibility
- Honor all voices
- Assume good intentions
- Provide a safe space
- All for collaborative decision-making
- Have courageous conversations
For more information please contact:
Academic Services Faculty Lead, Steering Committee Co-Chair
Student Services Faculty Lead, Steering Committee Co-Chair, Onboarding Project Lead
Career and Transfer Project, Student Services Faculty Coordinator
Career and Transfer Project, Academic Services Faculty Coordinator
Persistence Project, Academic Services Faculty Coordinator
Persistence Project Academic Services Faculty Coordinator
Student Success Team Lead