The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) Program is a supplemental program of the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) that provides additional supportive services to assist eligible students cope with the challenges of single parenting and the demands of their academic life. Such services include*:
- Child Care Reimbursement
- CARE Stipend/Grant
- Automotive Maintenance/Repair Services (oil change, lubrication, tune-ups, tires)
- Transportation Services (parking permits, bus passes)
- Book Vouchers
- School Supplies
- Individual Tutorial Services
- Academic Advising & Personal Counseling
- Special Workshops, classes, and support groups
- Meal Coupons
*Some services may be unavailable due to limited funding.
Do I qualify for CARE?
You may qualify for CARE if you are:
- An Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) student;
- A single parent with a child or children under the age of 14;
- At least 18 years of age and receiving CalWORKS or Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), formerly known as AFDC;
- In need of supportive educational services
Visit the EOPS/CARE Office to obtain a CARE Application.