- Administrative Services Home
- Bulletin Board
- Grant Process
- Payroll, HR, and Hiring
- Facilities Requests and Rentals
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Student Insurance
- CARES Act Institutional Aid Reporting
- Shred-It Shredding
- Child Development Center
- Information Technology
- Campus Safety
Requesting Items from Amazon
The College has an established business account with Amazon for college-related purchases. This account includes Amazon Prime shipping speeds. If you would like to request items from Amazon to be purchased using your discretionary funds, you will need to submit a Requisition Request Form for the requested items. Please view the instructions below for the Amazon ordering process.
Form to use: Requisition Request Form (Amazon Version)
On the Requisition Request Form: list each item's SKU, name, quantity, and unit price.
Required backup: a PDF copy of the shopping cart containing all items.
Amazon Requisition Process
Example: Amazon Requisition
- Access the most current Requisition Request Form (Amazon Version). Be sure to download the PDF and open it in your Adobe program. Do not fill out the form in a browser.
- Fill in all preliminary details on the Requisition.
- On Amazon, add each item (and its respective quantity) to the shopping cart. Be sure to add the SKU for each item on the Requisition when viewing the item page. This SKU is essential to ensure the Business Office finds the exact item you're requesting, as Amazon will often have many different listings for similar items. The SKU for each item is found embedded in the item page's URL (aka web address). See example below on finding the SKU.
- Once all items have been added, click on the shopping cart to view it.
- While viewing the shopping cart, press Ctrl+P or File --> Print to print the page(s) to PDF. This will be used as your backup for the Requisition.
- On the Requisition form, log each requested item, the item SKU, the quantity you're requesting, and the unit price of the item.
- While on the Requisition form, press Ctrl+Shift+i to open the document insertion window. Navigate to the PDF of the shopping cart you prepared in Step 5 and attach the shopping cart after the Requisition page.
- On the Requisition form, be sure to include any applicable tax and shipping charges in the appropriate fields. Ensure all other required and necessary fields are completed.
- Submit the prepared PDF document to your first level supervisor. Up to your Vice President's (or President's) signature approval is required.
- Once approved by your Vice President (or President), submit the completed PDF to the Business Office for processing. The Business Office will obtain signature approval from the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Once approved by the Vice President of Administrative Services, the Business Office will order the requested items. Amazon orders must be approved by the District Office before items will begin shipping.
- For questions related to your Amazon order, please contact Thomas Rothman at email@example.com.
*Note: Amazon has many vendor pages for the same product, as well as similar products. Including the SKU from the item page's URL helps ensure that the Business Office orders the exact item you're requesting. Without the SKU, it is difficult to ensure that we order the exact item you are requesting, as some pages can look incredibly similar. Additionally, some items may become unavailable by the time we process the Requisition. If an item is unavailable, we will contact the Requestor directly for a substitute. Substitutions must be similar to the original item, and similar in price. If no reasonable substitution is available, we can remove the item from the request.
Amazon SKU Example
In the example below, the SKU (ASIN) for the Sharpie product is B0040R4E2O. This SKU code will direct the Business Office to the exact item page for your requested product.
Additionally, the SKU/ASIN code can be found by adding your items to cart and then viewing the cart. See example below.
For more information please contact:
Administrative Services Technician
Administrative Services Officer