Steps to Get Started at LPC
To become a LPC student:
- Apply to LPC online. You will need to create an OpenCCC account here before being directed to the admission application.
- Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Complete the LPC Online Orientation on CLASS-Web.
- Take the Guided Self-Placement for English and Math on CLASS-Web.
To become a LPC CalWORKs student:
- Complete the steps above to become a LPC student.
- Complete our LPC CalWORKs Intake Application, read through and sign our Release of Information form, and then send these documents along with a copy of your term schedule and a picture of your government issued identification card (driver's license, state ID, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will schedule you to meet with our CalWORKs Coordinator so you can ask questions about the CalWORKs program as well as with one of our counselors so you can ask academic and career questions and complete your Student Education Plan.
- Complete a books and supplies packet after registering for classes in order to receive supportive services.
- Review Welfare-to-Work plan for compliance with county regulations.
Adobe Acrobat is required to complete the above forms electronically. Please CLICK HERE to download the free version of Adobe Acrobat. Mobile and tablet users can download Adobe Fill & Sign for free in the app store.