Steps to Get Started at LPC
To Become a LPC student:
- Apply to Las Positas College. You may apply online at: www.laspositascollege.edu. Once you're on the school homepage, select "Apply Online". If you don't have access to a computer, you may apply in person. To apply in person, please visit Admissions and Records in building 1600 Room 1670.
- Fill out your Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at: https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Schedule an assessment testing if you have not completed a college level Math and English course. You can schedule your appointment online at: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessmentcenter/scheduleinfo.php
- Complete LPC Online Orientation at: http://www.onlineorientation.net/lpc/
To Become a LPC CalWORKs student:
- Complete the steps above to become a Las Positas College student.
- Schedule and attend an intake appointment with our CalWORKs coordinator. Things to
bring with you to your Intake appointment:
- Verification of cash grant/eligibility (Notice of Action).
- Copy of term schedule, if registered.
- Transcript(s) if you have previously attended another college/university outside of Las Positas College. You must request an official transcript and have your previous institution send directly to Admissions and Records at Las Positas College. You may bring unofficial transcript to your intake appointment.
- Driver's license.
- Schedule and attend a CalWORKs Orientation and Student Education Plan appointment with a Counselor in the CalWORKs office.
- Complete a books and supplies packet and review county/college forms in order to receive supportive services.
- Review Welfare-to-Work plan for compliance with county regulations.
Summer 2019 Office Hours
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
9:00 am – 4:00 pm