First steps to become a LPC student:
- Apply to Las Positas College. You may apply online at: www.laspositascollege.edu. Once you're on the school homepage, select "Apply Online". If you don't have access to a computer, you may apply in person. To apply in person, please visit Admissions and Records in building 1600 Room 1670.
- Fill out your Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at: https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Schedule an assessment testing if you have not completed a college level Math and English course. You can schedule your appointment online at: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessmentcenter/scheduleinfo.php
- Complete LPC Online Orientation at: http://www.onlineorientation.net/lpc/
Second steps to become a LPC CalWORks student:
- Schedule and attend an intake appointment with our CalWORKs coordinator. Things to
bring with you to your Intake appointment:
- Verification of cash grant/eligibility (Notice of Action).
- Copy of term schedule, if registered.
- Transcript(s) if you have previously attended another college/university outside of Las Positas College. You must request an official transcript and have your previous institution send directly to Admissions and Records at Las Positas College. You may bring unofficial transcript to your intake appointment.
- Driver's license.
- Schedule and attend a Student Education Plan appointment with our CalWORKs Counselor.
- Complete a books and supplies packet and review county/college forms in order to receive supportive services.
- Review Welfare-to-Work plan for compliance with county regulations.
- Notify the County of attendance at Las Positas College (the CalWORKs office will assist with this process).
- The two requirements that are mandatory for the county: Orientation and Assessment. You MUST attend these two county appointments in order for your Welfare-to-Work plan to become approved and receive monies for books/supplies, transportation, etc.
- Complete a monthly school progress report for the county. The progress report is due on the 5th of each month. You submit these to our office and then we send them to the county.
While these steps may seem long and complicated now, you are beginning an important journey to your own economic independence. Remember the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step!