Steps for New and Reactivating Clubs
Welcome to Las Positas College Student Life! Getting involved in Student Life is a great way to be connected to the campus, make new friends, gain valuable leadership experience, develop organizational skills, help build community on campus, and have fun.
Clubs are a way for students to connect with people who share similar interests.
The following steps are required to request the Student Life Office's approval to activate a new or reactivate a standing Las Positas College Student Club.
- Student club membership must be open to all currently enrolled students at LPC. (See the Student Life Entity Membership guidelines in the Student Handbook for further information.)
- Secure a currently employed LPC faculty/staff member who will serve as a club advisor. (If you need assistance, please contact Josué Hernández, Program Coordinator of Student Life and Leadership.)
- Recruit/organize club membership of a minimum of six (6) students enrolled at LPC.
Membership should consist of four (4) students who will serve as club officers* and
no less than two (2) additional students.
*In accordance with the Inter-Club Council (ICC) Bylaws, student clubs must have a President, Vice President, Treasurer, and an ICC Representative. An officer may not hold more than one leadership position within the student club at any given time during their office term, except for the additional duty of serving as the ICC Representative. Note: A student club advisor may not serve as a student club officer, including but not limited to an ICC Representative.Club officers must meet eligibility requirements of being enrolled in at least one course and has a 2.0+ cumulative GPA at the time of application and throughout their term of office, which must be verified by the Program Coordinator or designee.
- Complete and submit an online Student Club Application. (Each semester of planned activity-fall and spring.)
- The deadline for clubs to complete the application process to be officially recognized by the ICC is no later than one (1) calendar month before each semester's last Inter-Club Council (ICC) meeting.
- Create and submit a Club Constitution. Please use the Sample Club Constitution as a template if guidance is needed.
- Await application review and approval notification from the Program Coordinator of Student Life and Leadership or designee.
- Await recommendation by the Director of Inter-Club Council and voting by the Inter-Club Council to be an officially recognized club.
- Attendance of the club's ICC Representative, or preapproved proxy, at all ICC meetings is MANDATORY.
- Attendance of at least one (1) club officer for Club Orientation Training.
*Please note that if a club has not completed the necessary steps to start a new or reactivate a standing club officially, the club is NOT allowed to post flyers, hold meetings or events, host tabling, reserve rooms/facilities, or access club funds.
Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
*Hours of operation of this office are subject to change.
For more information, please contact:
Student Government Leaders
Visit the LPCSG Officers and Senators
webpage for email addresses.