Guidelines for Rental of Facilities
Following are guidelines for renting LPC Facilities:
Schedule and Priorities
- PLEASE NOTE: Facility Rental is dependent upon the availability of the facilities at LPC and the availability of LPC personnel to support the event.
- Applications for LPC Facilities Rentals should be submitted four to six weeks before the event to allow sufficient time to consider the request, reserve the facilities, prepare the billing detail, and allow the client sufficient time to pay. An application may be denied if it is not submitted sufficiently before the event.
- First priority for facilities is given to Las Positas College’s educational program, College events, and LPC's Community Education program. Therefore, rental requests for future semesters cannot be considered until that semester’s Class Schedule and Community Education Program is finalized. Requesters will be notified within a week if there is a delay in processing their facility rental request due to Class Scheduling and Community Education Scheduling.
Spring Requests: Applications for the time period of January 19-May 30 will not be processed before November 9.
Summer Requests: Applications for the time period of June 1 - August 16 will not be processed before May 4.
Fall Requests: Applications for the time period of August 17 - December 31 will not be processed until approximately May 4.
- After LPC educational program, College events, and LPC's Community Education program priority will be given to:
- Student clubs and organizations;
- Fundraising entertainment or meetings where admission fees charged or contributions solicited are expended for the welfare of the students of the District;
- Parent-teachers’ associations;
- School-community advisory councils.
- LPC reserves the right to cancel facilities reservations for LPC instructional needs.
- Cancellation by the client requires a notice of 10 business days prior to the event. Refunds and/or credits will not be given if event cancelled less than 10 business days.
- Clients will be denied future facility use on grounds including, but not limited to, abuse or misuse of district property, failure to pay promptly for any damage to District property or failure to pay promptly for facility use.
- Clients will be provided with cost of facilities during the reservation process.
- Fees will be charged for facility rental.
- Fees will be charged for equipment usage. (See note under General Guidelines)
- Fees may also be charged for event oversight, theater technicians, I.T. support, campus safety officers, janitorial services, maintenance, and repair.
- Clients will receive an invoice once the rental has been confirmed.
- Payment for all rentals must be received in full by Administrative Services at Las Positas College one full week (7 business days) prior to the event or the event will be cancelled. Accepted methods of payments are cash, check, or cashier's check (no credit cards).
- Facilities must be vacated by the end time indicated on the Facilities Request form or additional fees will apply.
- Las Positas College requires a client to furnish a "Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement."
- Las Positas College also requires the client to furnish a Certificate of Liability (COL) from the applicant in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00). Sample COL.
- No alcoholic beverages, intoxicants, controlled substances, or tobacco in any form shall be brought onto the property of the College. Persons under the influence of alcohol, intoxicants, or controlled substances shall be denied participation in any activity.
- To ensure quality and a successful event and to reduce potential technical issues, if equipment (such as microphones, sound boards, monitors, etc.) will be used during the client's event, clients will be required to rent LPC equipment unless prior approval for external usage has been given in writing by Las Positas College.
- No structures, electrical modifications, facility modifications, or mechanical apparatus may be erected or installed on District property without specific written approval by the Director of Maintenance & Operations.
Employer and Vendor Guidelines
- The college prohibits the solicitation or marketing of credit or charge cards or anything that can place students in a financial bind.
- Vendors may advertise items that are of an "educational" or "service-related" (e.g. savings account, mobile phone services, etc.) nature.
- Vendors may not sell items such as clothing, arts, crafts, etc., but are encouraged to contact the LPC Bookstore (925-424-1812) to determine whether the bookstore would like to partner with the vendor to sell said items.
- Employers may recruit students for employment.
- Employer and Vendors must submit a "Supplemental Facility Request" and receive confirmation prior to tabling on campus.
- Parking is strictly enforced. Clients are required to have a parking permit for each vehicle on campus for an event with the exception of Sundays. One-day parking permits are available for $2.00 at the kiosks located in the parking lots.
- Disabled Parking stalls are enforced 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. No exceptions.
- Clients will not be allowed to park vehicles, trailers, or containers overnight.
- Campus Safety receives notification of all rentals and will be responsible for unlocking facilities.
- Clients must contact Campus Safety upon arrival and departure to allow Campus Safety to secure the facility. Campus Safety can be reached at 925-424-1690 or Building 1700.
- LPC has exclusive contracts for food service/catering and pouring rights:
- Food Service/Catering: Catering for LPC Facilities Rentals must be offered to Fresh and Natural Food Service Group. Jenny Chhay, Catering Manager, may be reached at 925-424-1820 or 916-798-8580. If Fresh and Natural indicates that they are not able to support the event, the renter may use a different caterer.
- Pouring Rights: Contact Christine Longero at Pepsico, (510) 750-7535.
- All food and beverage vendors must comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, including without limitation, the laws of the State of California, County of Alameda, and the City of Livermore relating to the storage, handling, preparation, and service of food/beverages.
- Storage is not available either before, during or after the event.
- Only athletic shoes may be worn on activity floors. Street shoes are not permitted.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the athletic facility. Only water may be brought into any of the activity areas.
- Food must be consumed OUTSIDE the facility.
- Containers of ice may not be placed in any of the activity areas.
- The consumption, serving and/or selling of alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
- Bleachers, Basketball Backstops, Volleyball Nets, and other Standard equipment will be set up and taken down by CLPCCD staff.
- Separate fees may be required for bleacher use.
- Separate fees will apply for covering the gym floor.
- The grass soccer field is not available for outside rental during soccer season.
- The scoreboards are available for official games only and by advance permission.
- Bleachers must not be pulled on or moved by the user. CLPCCD staff will be responsible for setting up the bleachers.
- All exit doors must be operable and no part of any hallway, corridor or exit may be used in a way that obstructs its use as an exit.
- The capacity of the rooms must be observed. Overcrowding is forbidden and will result in cancellation of an event.
- Tickets may not be sold at the door unless an admission fee was approved in advance.
- The use of decals, stickers, glitter, wax, paint, etc., is prohibited.
- Children observing the event must have adult supervision at all times. Running in the halls and being in areas or around equipment not pertaining to the event is not permitted.