- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Descriptions
- Register for Classes!
- Actors Conservatory
- Technical Theater CTE
- Theater Arts AA/AA-T
- Performances & Events
- Wellness Support
- Inclusivity Statement
- Faculty & Staff
Degrees and Certificates
The Theater Arts major is designed to provide knowledge, training, and practical experience in a variety of areas which can be used in continuing participation and appreciation of theater and film throughout life. The curriculum provides the essential lower-division courses necessary for transfer to similar programs at four-year institutions, as well as assisting students towards employment in professional, academic and community theater. Some variation in requirements may exist at a particular four-year college or university; therefore, it is essential that the student also refer to the catalog of the prospective transfer institution and consult a counselor.
For the recommended course sequence, please email Titian Lish for the suggested Degree Completion Program Map.
- Certificate of Achievement: Acting
- Certificate of Achievement: Technical Theater
- Certificate of Achievement: Musical Theater
- Certificate of Achievement: Actors Conservatory
- AA-T – Theater Arts
- AA – Theater Arts
**It is recommended that students focus on a Certificate for each year they are in
the Theater Arts program, ideally culminating in an AA-T/AA degrees. Such as:
|Year One:||Acting Certificate||
|Year Two:|| Musical Theater Certificate
Technical Theater Certificate
|Year Three:||AA-T/AA Degree||
AA/AAT: This program fulfills typical lower-division requirements at four-year transfer institutions. Some variation in requirements may exist at a particular four-year college or university; therefore, it is essential that the student refer to the catalog of the prospective transfer institution and consult a counselor.
CTE: This program may fulfill some lower-division requirements at four-year transfer institutions. You should seek out further advice with the intended institution.
Theater Arts Program Outcomes
- Apply the learned techniques of acting or technical theater in a public performance
- Possess the skills necessary for textual interpretation for academic discourse, design, and/or performance studies
- Understand how to develop and maintain a positive contribution the field of theater in academics, performance, or technical theater
- Understand the historical and cultural significance of theater