Plan Your Path
There are many paths to become eligible to transfer. The following requirement is universal to transfer as a junior to all CSU and UC Campuses.
Complete 60 Transferrable Units:
- 60 units of TRANSFERABLE credit (CSU and UC accept varying classes. See the LPC catalog for verification)
ADT - Associate Degrees for Transfer:
The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) and Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degrees are designed to facilitate transfer admission to a CSU in a similar major.
The curriculum for an AA-T or AS-T differs from traditional AA or AS degrees in that the AA-T or AS-T courses align to similar academic majors and curriculum at a California State University campus.
Completing an AA-T or AS-T in your major results in:
- Priority consideration for transfer admission to some of the more competitive or impacted majors and/or campuses in the CSU system. See if your CSU major or campus is considered impacted here.
- An offer of admission to an open CSU campus should you not get admitted to the one(s) you apply for.
- Completion of your bachelor's degree at the CSU in 60 semester units.
Please note: Students who earn an AA-T or AS-T degree and meet the CSU minimum eligibility requirements are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not necessarily to your preferred CSU campus or major.
Online guide to Majors and Transfer
After Completion of IGETC OR CSU GE: Get your CSU GE or IGETC certified once you have committed to a UC or CSU by making a request at the Admissions and Records office and by filling out the appropriate form.
Please Note: Following IGETC is an excellent choice for many educational pathways.
However, there are exceptions for some high unit majors (such as engineering) and the following programs:
- UC San Diego’s Eleanor Roosevelt and Revelle Colleges and UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business will NOT accept IGETC.
No Counseling Services
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Due to Flex Day Activities
Career & Transfer Center Coordinator
In Person Hours Room 1604
Closed: weekends & holidays
Please note: Information on these pages is subject to change. Spanish translation provided by Google Translate. Las Positas College is not responsible for errors in translation.
Follow us on Twitter!