- English Home
- English AA
- English AA-T
- English Course Descriptions
- Creative Writing Certificate
- Creative Writing and Literature Course Descriptions
- LPC Literary Arts Festival and Monthy Literary Events
- Who can I be with English degree?
- Meet our Faculty & Instructional Assistants
- The English Center
- Reading & Writing Center (RAW)
- Community Education
- Poetry Center
The English Center
Located in building 400, the English Center houses classrooms 401A, 401B, and a computer lab reserved for students who have English classes in the center.
English Center Hours
Monday and Wednesday: 9:00-5:30
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00-5:00
Meet Our Team
Our Instructional Assistants support certain English courses scheduled in the center. Please note that our Instructional Assistants do not offer assistance to all students taking an English course. For reading and writing support, please meet with a RAW tutor, meet with a tutor on a weekly basis through the Tutorial Center, and/or attend a SmartShop.
Stella Del Rosario
Senior Instructional Assistant
Instructional Assistants in the English Center
Depending on the course*, they:
- provide learning assistance to students individually or in small groups;
- facilitate grammar workshops;
- direct students to approprate college resources, such as academic counseling, DRC,
the health center, additional tutoring services.