- English Home
- English AA
- English AA-T
- Creative Writing Certificate
- Creative Writing and Literature Course Descriptions
- LPC Literary Arts Festival and Monthy Literary Events
- Who can I be with English degree?
- Meet our Faculty & Instructional Assistants
- The English Center
- Reading & Writing Center (RAW)
- Community Education
- Poetry Center
The English Center
Located in building 400, the English Center houses classrooms 401A, 401B, and a computer lab reserved for students who have English classes in the center.
English Center Hours
- Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 am - 8: 00 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Watch this video to hear from a LPC student on getting help from Instructional Assistants!
Fall 2023 In Person Drop-In Tutoring Hours:
Mondays, 3-4 pm
Tuesdays, 9:30-10:30 am
Wednesdays, 9:30-10:30 am
Thursdays, 11 am-12 noon
*Instructional Assistants do not offer assistance to students who are not taking 1A or 1AEX classes. For reading and writing help, please schedule a meeting with a RAW tutor, meet with a tutor on a weekly basis through the Tutorial Center, and/or attend a SmartShop.
Meet Our Team
Stella Del Rosario
Senior Instructional Assistant
Instructional Assistants in the English Center
Depending on the course*, they:
- provide learning assistance to students individually or in small groups;
- facilitate grammar workshops;
- direct students to approprate college resources, such as academic counseling, DRC,
the health center, additional tutoring services.