The LPC Music Department offers world-class facilities, state-of-the-art resources, classes lead by accomplished, actively performing faculty that provide one-on-one attention to their students, and unique degrees for successful university transfer or direct entry into the music industry.
- Welcome & News
- Degrees & Certificates
- Performance Ensembles
- Ensemble Auditions
- Commercial Music
- Music Faculty
- The Job Market
- Performing Arts
- Career & Technical Education
- Gainful Employment
Registration Now Open for Fall 2019 Music Classes
- Visit Admissions & Records today to complete the 5 Steps to Enrollment.
- View our Program Offerings to plan out your goals. We offer an AA-T and AA in Music in addition to certificates in Music Business, Music Technology, Scoring for Film and Multimedia, Jazz Studies, and Teaching Piano.
- View all Music Department Class Offerings for Fall 2019 to pick out your schedule and register
- View Ensemble Auditions page for necessary information about joining our performing ensembles.
- Join us, beginning August 2019!
LPC Music Department
Discover • Perform • Create • Excel
Follow your passions and join our supportive and nurturing community today!
The LPC Music Department strives to:
- Provide a rigorous, creative, and fun learning environment that prepares students for the real-world expectations of the music industry as well as 4-year music programs.
- Offer the highest quality professional education in a variety of musical disciplines and career pathways, including Performance, Music Business, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, Music Technology, and Music Education.
- Expose students to a variety of approaches to music making through the latest technology, equipment, research, and performance practice.
- Offer a Zero Discrimination Policy: Students of all backgrounds are welcome.
- Vocal East has been awarded FIRST PLACE in the 2-year college category at the Reno Jazz Festival!
- LPC Announces two new certificates in Jazz Studies and Scoring for Film and Multimedia (effective Fall 2019)!
- The LPC Music Department has recently expanded to hire 11 new faculty members for Applied Lesson instruction in a variety of instruments.
The LPC Music Department is highly encouraging online ticket sales to all events. This is in an effort to expedite the arrival experience, shorten lines, help events start on time, and to reduce excess paper use and waste.
Online tickets are priced at $10 – General Admission and $5 – Student, Staff, Senior, Military. There is a small service and processing fee for each transaction. These remain available for purchase up to the start of every event through our department website. All tickets sold through the Box Office are priced at $15 and will remain available to late arrivals.
For more information please contact:
Mertes Center for the Arts (Bldg 4000)
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hills Drive
Livermore, CA 94551