The LPC Music Department offers world-class facilities, state-of-the-art resources, classes lead by accomplished, actively performing faculty that provide one-on-one attention to their students, and unique degrees and certificates for successful university transfer or direct entry into the music industry.
- Welcome & News
- Degrees & Certificates
- Performance Ensembles
- Ensemble Auditions
- Commercial Music
- Music Faculty
- The Job Market
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Performing Arts
- Career & Technical Education
- Advisory Board
Registration For Spring 2022 Music Classes
- Visit Admissions & Records today to complete your "Six Steps to Success".
- View our Program Offerings to plan out your goals. We offer an AA-T and AA in Music in addition to certificates in Music Business, Music Technology, Scoring for Film and Multimedia, Jazz Studies, and Piano Teaching Fundamentals (can be earned in just one semester), Teaching Beginning Piano, and Teaching Intermediate Piano.
- View Ensemble Auditions page for necessary information about joining our performing ensembles.
- Join us, beginning January 2022!
LPC Music Department
Discover • Perform • Create • Excel
Follow your passions and join our supportive and nurturing community today!
The LPC Music Department strives to:
- Provide a rigorous, creative, and fun learning environment that prepares students for the real-world expectations of the music industry as well as 4-year music programs.
- Offer the highest quality professional education in a variety of musical disciplines and career pathways, including Performance, Music Business, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, Music Technology, and Music Education.
- Expose students to a variety of approaches to music making through the latest technology, equipment, research, and performance practice.
- Offer a Zero Discrimination Policy: Students of all backgrounds are welcome.
- Several remote performances from the 2020-2021 online school year have been published to the LPC Music Department YouTube Channel (please subscribe!)
- Spring 2022 music classes will be a mixture of fully in-person, hybrid, and fully online instruction. The primary classes returning to in-person are those requiring some sort of lab component. In the case of music, this translates to any performance-based class. You may see all three types of instruction as part of your schedule.
For more information please contact:
Mertes Center for the Arts (Bldg 4000)
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hills Drive
Livermore, CA 94551