The LPC Music Department offers world-class facilities and state-of-the-art technology resources, classes lead by accomplished, actively performing faculty who provide one-on-one attention to their students, and unique degrees for successful university transfer or entering the music industry directly.
LPC Music Department
Discover • Perform • Create • Excel
Follow your passions and join our supportive and nurturing community today!
The LPC Music Department strives to:
- Provide a rigorous, creative, and fun learning environment that prepares students for the real-world expectations of the music industry as well as 4-year music programs.
- Offer the highest quality professional education in a variety of musical disciplines and career pathways, including Performance, Music Business, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, Music Technology, and Music Education.
- Expose students to a variety of approaches to music making through the latest technology, equipment, research, and performance practice.
- Offer a Zero Discrimination Policy: Students of all backgrounds are welcome.
Starting this Fall 2018, all Online Advance Purchase Tickets for music events will be $5/$10 until 6pm the day of an event. After 6pm, tickets will be $15 available in-person at the Box Office. Purchase tickets to upcoming performances here!
- The LPC Music Department has hired 9 new faculty members for Applied Lesson instruction in a variety of instruments, beginning Fall 2018.
For more information please contact:
Mertes Center for the Arts (Bldg 4000)
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hills Drive
Livermore, CA 94551