Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes Home
- Frequently Asked Questions about SLOs
- 3-Year Assessment Cycle - explained
- SLO/SAO Planning Templates
- Completed 3-Year Assessment Plans by Division
- eLumen Login
- eLumen Info & Instructions
- Current SLO Listings
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
- Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Course Student Learning Outcomes
- SLOs for Students
- SLO Committee
Student Learning Outcomes Committee
The Student Learning Outcomes Committee is comprised of faculty, staff, and administrators, drawn from a variety of campus divisions. Several committee members have specific roles. View their roles.
To elicit board perspectives and advice regarding learning goals for all Las Positas students, faculty, administrators, and staff. This group provides an advisory linkage to the Academic Senate on matters pertaining to the College’s immediate and long range plans to integrate student learning outcomes and assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels. With the advice and consent of the Academic Senate, this group reviews core competencies for LPC students and develops strategies and timelines for incorporating and coordinating these competencies into learning outcomes inherent in courses and programs. The Student Learning Outcomes group works with the Curriculum Committee, Program Review, and Staff Development, establishing policies and procedures concerning the institutionalization of SLOs and assessment at LPC, which will be brought to the Senate for review and approval. In addition to providing support and materials needed for the development of SLOs and assessment, this group also coordinates, collects, and archives assessment activities in all sectors and organizes campus dialogue process concerning student learning outcomes and assessment.
The committee meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month, from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
2019-20 Committee Members
- Ann Hight
- 2 Faculty representatives from each Division
- A&H: Kimberly Tomlinson
- STEM: Jennie Graham, Robin Rehagen
- SLPC: John Rosen
- BHAWK: Susan Cumbo
- 1 Faculty representative from Student Services:
- Vice President, Academic Services: Kristina Whalen
- Division Dean: Stuart McElderry
- Institutional Research and Planning: Rajinder Samra
- Classified: Madeline Wiest
- Two Student Representatives:
All documents below are in the PDF format.