Veterans First Program
- Veterans First Program
- COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Getting Started
- Mission & Goals
- Veterans First Program Team
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Zoom Workshops & Sessions
- Fee Waiver for Veterans' Dependents
- Student Veterans Organization
- MyVRC - Smartphone App
- SALUTE - Veterans Honor Society
- LPC Disability Resource Center
- Past Events
- Operation Gateway XII
- Vet Stories
Mission & Goals
The Las Positas College Veterans First Program provides support services to those who have served, currently serving in the armed forces, and also dependents and spouse of Veterans. We are primarily responsible for administration of veterans educational benefits programs. In addition, we provide other resources and contacts, such as career planning, financial aid, transition counseling services, and other needed services for our returning Veterans.
We encourage Veterans attending LPC to contact our office in person, by phone, or by e-mail with any questions you may have pertaining to your education, or any of your VA Educational Benefits. We can and will assist you with the application and certification of your VA benefits at Las Positas College. Our goal is to provide you the Veteran with services and resources that will help you achieve your educational goals.
What we have to offer:
- Assist you with a successful transition from Military to College.
- Provide clear and adequate information regarding the GI-Bill benefits process.
- Ensure required documentation and certifications of benefits are
processed in a timely manner.
- Inform you about all benefits and resources available.
- Build a partnership between LPC Veterans First Program, Community Veteran Organizations and Services, and you.
- Educate the college and community about the need for resources and assistance for you transitioning from military to college.
Various Benefits and Assistance we Provide:
- Veterans Resource Center ;
- Priority registration for ALL Veterans;
- GI Bill Application and Certification of GI Benefits;
- Various scholarships such as LPC Veterans First Scholarships;
- Operation Gateway: A Veteran’s Transition to Success;
- Las Positas College Veterans Book Program;
- Veterans Resource Center – A place to relax, study, or hang out with other Veterans;
- Veteran Mentorship Program;
- Job Links: Links and network of full time and part time jobs;
- Student positions on campus through both federal and VA Workstudy programs;
- Connection with the Las Positas College Student Veterans Organization;
- California State Fee Waiver program for spouses and dependents of Veterans
- Arranging a consultation with an academic counselor who will help you develop an individual education plan;
- Information about financial aid and how to apply for financial aid;
- Disability accommodations information as needed;
- Connection with VA Health Centers and Services;
- On-campus events and workshops
For more information please contact:
Veterans First Program
Veterans Resource Center
Shelter in Place - Team Working From Home
Virtual Reception Desk:
Zoom Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 # (Password: Veterans)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll), or +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll), or +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 #
Password: 040665 #
Effective August 3, 2020
Visit the VRC Virtual Reception Desk - see above
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill