Veterans First Program
- Veterans First Program
- COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Getting Started
- Mission & Goals
- Veterans First Program Team
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Zoom Workshops & Sessions
- Fee Waiver for Veterans' Dependents
- Student Veterans Organization
- MyVRC - Smartphone App
- SALUTE - Veterans Honor Society
- LPC Disability Resource Center
- Past Events
- Operation Gateway XII
- Vet Stories
Veterans Work Study
Background: The VA Work-Study program is designed to assist eligible veterans in attaining their educational objective by providing VA paid work experience in a supervised learning environment.
Eligibility: Any student who has been awarded education benefits under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606, and/or 1607, is attending school and certified for VA benefits at least ¾ time is eligible.
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge and interest in Veterans’ programs
- Strong skill in paying attention to detail
- Possess a high level of initiative
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries from veterans, military personnel, and students applying for or participating in VA education benefits programs
- Filing, photocopying and mailing documents and education forms
- Preparing outreach information (flyers, brochures, newsletters) for distribution
- Support outreach - table, presentations, and events
- Assisting with enrollment certification to the VA
- Ensure quality customer service and maintain the Veterans Resource Center
- Provide service with other veteran projects as needed
- The student will be provided on-the-job training in the use of the office computers and programs.
- The student will participate in various training programs to learn policies, procedures and regulations.
- The student pay rate is the State of California minimum wage of $10.00 per hour.
- Work study students may work up to a maximum amount of 25 hours per week. Work hours will be flexible with the student's class schedule, but each term the establishment of a regular schedule is required based on mutual agreement, considering the student's class schedule and the Veteran's office hours, and is expected to be adhered to.
- The student must submit a class schedule to the LPC VA Office each semester.
An application (you may download it VA Workstudy or obtain a paper copy from the VA Office)
A current resume must be submitted with the application
Student's class schedule and anticipated days and hours of availability of the current term (an/or future term if pre registered) must be submitted with the application.
Completed application, resume, and schedule must be submitted to the Building 1310 Front Desk Receptionist or directly to Todd Steffan, Veterans Coordinator, Rm. 1314.
Todd Steffan, Veterans Coordinator
Las Positas Veterans First Office
Phone: (925) 424-1571 Email: email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Veterans First Program
Veterans Resource Center
Virtual Reception Desk:
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
+1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
+1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 301 715 8592 (US Toll
Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 #
Password: 040665 #
Veterans Resource Center Bldg. 1310
(next to the flag pole and book store)
Summer Office Hours
June 1-July 30, 2020
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill