Veterans First Program
- Welcome and Announcements
- COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Who We Are - Veterans First Program
- Getting Started - VA Benefits
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Mission Ready
- Student Veterans Organization
Appointment and Drop-In Info
* Appointments and Drop-Ins with the Veterans Counselor will be offered virtually or on-campus. Remote or On-line will be identified when signing up for an appointment.
LPC VETERANS COUNSELOR WILL HAVE LIMITED SUMMER HOURS
To request a on-campus or a virtual appointment to meet with a Veterans Counselor, do the following:
The Veterans Counselor will work with you on any of the following topics:
- Complete, Update, or Change your EDUCATIONAL PLAN
- Answer questions about TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS
- Assist with CAREER preparation (resume writing, cover letter, networking)
- Drop-In: Meet for 15 minutes for quick questions about courses or about your Ed Plan
STEP 1: Schedule a day/time with the LPC Veterans First Counselor (Click on the button)
STEP 2: Knock on Door on your scheduled appointment time (see below)
VIRTUAL DROP IN
15 minute maximum
Not for comprehensive education plans
Quick questions on items such as pre-requisite override, on courses, and about career/major information.
Technical Requirements for the Appointment
There are a few technical requirements for your online counseling appointment that you must establish before you meet with the counselor. Students must have access to a computer, laptop, or tablet, with a working webcam and microphone. Smartphones are not supported with this service. Please use CHROME or FIREFOX as your internet browser.
There are a few technical requirements for your online video counseling appointment you must establish before you meet with the counselor. Students must have access to a computer, laptop, or tablet, with a working web-cam & microphone. Smart-phones are not supported with this service. Please use Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser.
Go to below to Jose Calderon Cranium Cafe card
- Look for your Counselor Jose Calderon and "Knock on Door"
- Read the Informed Consent and then click"Agree"
- Click the CANVAS Icon to log in to CANVAS (same login username and password as your CANVAS log in)
- Authorize Cranium Cafe to access your student account
Once you have entered the meeting the counselor will see that you are logged in and can then begin their appointment with you.
Your appointment/drop in with the Veterans Counselor (On-Campus)
Some appointments with the Veterans counselor are available on campus (identified when signing up for an appointment) at the Veterans Resource Center, bldg 1310.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early before the appointment
- Sign in with the front desk person to let the counselor know you have arrived
- Must be vaccinated (bring proof)
- Wear a mask at all times
To Reschedule or Cancel Your Appointment
If you need to reschedule your appointment or cancel, please CLICK HERE
For more information please contact:
Veterans First Program
Veterans Resource Center
Phone: contact Zoom Veterans Welcome Center
Veterans Welcome Center
Online Zoom Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 # (Password: veterans)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll), or +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll), or +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 #
Password: 040665 #
Online/On-Campus Office Hours
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill