- Administrative Services Home
- Bulletin Board
- Grant Process
- Payroll, HR, and Hiring
- Facilities Requests and Rentals
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Student Insurance
- CARES Act Institutional Aid Reporting
- Shred-It Shredding
- Child Development Center
- Information Technology
- Campus Safety
Professional Services (Non-Contract for Services)
Per Assembly Bill 5, requirements for the classification of an independent contractor have changed. As such, the Contract for Services process has changed as well. If you are hiring a vendor of a larger business (as opposed to an Independent Contractor), you may follow the Professional Services process below instead of the Contract for Services process.
Form to use: Requisition Request Form (Open PO Version)
On the Requisition Request Form: enter a brief description of the service to be performed, a quantity of 1, and the total cost of the service under the unit price.
Provided backup: a Scope of Work, whenever possible.
Professional Services Process
Flowchart: Professional Services
- Complete a Requisition Request Form to establish an Open PO. On the Requisition, be sure to include a description of the work to be performed by the vendor.
- As with other Open PO Requisitions, PO's should be established for a rounded, whole amount. Round-up based on the estimated cost provided by the vendor.
- A Scope of Work should be included with the Requisition, but is not required. A Scope of Work is a document that outlines the work that both parties agree will be performed by the vendor. Scope of Work documents will vary, and may be either provided by the vendor or created by the Requestor of the college. The Scope of Work document should include, but is not limited to, the following: (1) the names of both the vendor and the college, (2) an outline of the work to be performed by the vendor, (3) the overall cost of the work to be performed, (4) a general timeline of the work to be completed, and (5) the approval signatures of both the vendor and the Requestor.
- If provided, attach the Scope of Work to the Requisition PDF before any signatures are applied to the Requisition Request Form (signing before adding attachments may prevent attachments from being added).
- Submit your Requisition, with Scope of Work attached when applicable, to your immediate supervisor for approval.
- Up to your Vice President's signature approval is required.
- Once approved, submit the Requisition and relevant backup to the Business Office for review.
- The Business Office will obtain signature approval from the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- Once final approval has been obtained, the Business Office will enter the Requisition into Banner. A copy of the Requisition will then be provided to the names listed in the "Return Copy of Req to" field.
- Upon Banner approval, the Business Office will forward the Requisition packet to the District Purchasing Office for processing.
- Once the work has been performed and completed, contact the vendor to obtain a final invoice. Write "ok to pay," sign the invoice, date it, and include the PO number established by the District Purchasing Office. Invoices should only be signed and submitted for payment after all work has been completed as agreed upon.
- Submit the signed invoice to the Business Office for processing.
For more information please contact:
Administrative Services Technician
Administrative Services Officer